1. Flush the line thoroughly after plumbing changes possibility of foreign materials reaching the meter and/or valve.
2. Do not exceed an operating pressure of:
H Series Meters: 227 PSI
C Series Meters: 150 PSI
3. Install meter horizontally with the register facing up and the inlet port facing the supply water line.
4. It is recommended that if there is any possibility that the water supply contains foreign materials, a strainer should be installed between the supply and the meter.
5. To reduce potential harmful effects to equipment from water hammer, it is suggested that you install a Carlon slow-closing solenoid valve. Install valve between supply water line and meter.
6. The meter is designed to handle a continuous flow rate (shown on meter label) of approximately 1/2 of the maximum flow rate. It is not recommended that the meter be run for long periods of time at the maximum rating as excess wear will result and the life of the meter will be greatly reduced.
7. Do not exceed maximum water temperature rating on H series meters of 250º F and C series of 122º F. Protect meter from freezing.
8. For EC Models: Connect the two wires from the pulse head to the meter input on the controlling device. The switch is rated for a maximum of 48 volts AC/DC. The switch is a normally open type. Connect your controlling device to the water treatment equipment (pumps, valves, etc.)
9. Straight unobstructed pipe section upstream of meter as follows:
a. Inlet Path - One Bend = 10X Diameter of pipe
b. Valves(check, gate, etc.) = 12X Diameter of pipe
c. Two bends or one tee and one bend or bends at random = 25X Diameter of pipe
10. Straight unobstructed pipe section downstream of meter as follows:
5X Diameter of pipe