For all types of JLP Series meters:
1. Flush the line thoroughly after plumbing changes to eliminate the possibility of foreign materials reaching the meter.
2. Do not exceed an operating pressure of 100 p.s.i.
3. Install meter horizontally with the register facing up and the inlet port facing the supply water line. Meter should be full of water during operation.
4. Protect the meter from freezing and from heat in excess of 105 degrees F.
5. It is recommended that if there is any possibility that the water supply contains foreign materials, a Carlon strainer should be installed between the supply and the meter.
6. The meter is designed to handle a sustained flow of 1/2 of the rated maximum flow. It is not recommended that the meter be run for long periods of time at the maximum rating as excess wear will result and the life of the meter will be greatly reduced.
7. To reduce potential harmful effects to equipment from water hammers caused by quick closing valves, it is suggested that you purchase and install a slow-closing solenoid valve.
8. Protect meter from any backflow of water opposite of indicated flow direction.
9. For outdoor installation, protect meter from direct exposure to the elements.