For all types of JSJ Series meters:
1. Flush the line thoroughly after plumbing changes to eliminate the possibility of foreign materials reaching the meter and valve.
2. Do not exceed an operating pressure of 150 psi.
3. Install meter horizontally with the register facing up and the inlet port facing the supply water line.
4. It is recommended that if there is any possibility that the water supply contains foreign materials, a Carlon strainer be installed between the supply and the meter.
5. Connect the terminals on the pulse head to the meter input on the controlling device. The switch is rated for a maximum of 10 AMPs, 250V AC. The switch is normally open type micro-switch.
6. Connect your controlling device to the water treatment equipment [pumps, valves, etc.] Notice GPC (Gallon Per Contact) setting to determine frequency of operation.
7. It is not recommended that the meter be run for long periods of time at the maximum rating as excess wear will result and the life of the meter will be greatly reduced.
8. To reduce potential harmful effects to equipment from water hammer, it is suggested that you install a Carlon slow-closing solenoid valve. Install valve downstream of the water meter.
9. Protect meter from freezing and heat in excess of 105 degrees F.
10. For outdoor installation, protect meter from direct exposure to the elements.
11. Protect meter from any backflow of water opposite of indicated flow direction.
Recommended straight unobstructed pipe sections:
10X pipe diameter before the meter on the inlet side and 5X the diameter on the outlet side of the meter.
Valves (check, gate, etc.) = 12 X Diameter of Pipe
Two bends or one tee and one bend or bends at random = 25 X Diameter of Pipe